Aspiring Writers: Apply for the Valiant Virtual Portfolio Review Program
VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES SECOND ROUND OF THE
VIRTUAL PORTFOLIO REVIEW PROGRAM FOR WRITERS
August 27th, 2020 (New York, NY) – After an overwhelmingly positive response to the Virtual Portfolio Review program, Valiant Entertainment is incredibly proud to announce a second round of the program to assist aspiring comic book creators and discover new voices for future projects. For this second round of the program, the award-winning publisher’s Senior Editors will be offering virtual one-on-one portfolio reviews for aspiring writers.
These digital one-on-one sessions will occur with senior editors Heather Antos (X-O MANOWAR, SHADOWMAN) or Lysa Hawkins (BLOODSHOT, PUNK MAMBO) and will run for approximately ten minutes. 20 people in total will be selected to have their work reviewed.
Please read the below information very carefully for submission details and deadlines.
Dates of Digital Portfolio Reviews
- Thursday, September 10th from 12pm-2pm EST
- Friday, September 11th from 12pm-2pm EST
How to Submit
- Email your submission to PortfolioReview@valiantentertainment.com
- Subject line: Name, Discipline, Available Date
- Subject line example: Colin King, Writer, September 10th & 11th
- Please note: PDF submissions should be no more than 20 comic pages, plus a credits/contact page. This can be a one-shot, combination of various scenes or short. stories. Do NOT submit any scripts or pitches. They will be deleted immediately. Only previously published comics may be submitted (self-published is okay).
- All submissions are due September 3rd at 5pm EST
- Those selected for the first day of sessions will be notified by Wednesday, September 9th no later than 10pm EST
- Those selected for the second day of sessions will be notified by Thursday, September 10th no later than 10pm EST
“Breaking into comics and getting your foot in the door is no easy task for any creator – but I especially feel for new writers,” said Heather. “Editors are often so busy it’s hard to find time to read the scripts for their current projects – let alone read the work of new talent. Which is why it was really important to us to include writers in our next batch of portfolio reviews. We want to hear your voices. We want to see who’s out there!”
“Just by the very nature of things, portfolio reviews tend to mostly be reviewing the artwork on the comic book page, not the content of the words themselves,” added Lysa. “That’s why Valiant is super excited to be giving the writers the chance to shine. This is an opportunity that doesn’t present itself often, so seize the day, you could be the next Stan Lee! Heather and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!”
Please remember to review all of the above information carefully before sending your submission. Valiant’s senior editors look forward to reviewing your writing!
About DMG Entertainment
DMG Entertainment is a global media and entertainment company based in Beverly Hills, CA. Founded in 1994 by Dan Mintz, the company portfolio has grown to include diverse holdings across film, television, comic book publishing, gaming, and location-based entertainment. Operating as both a production and distribution entity, DMG Entertainment is best known for films such as Looper and Iron Man 3 and the #1 box-office release of Bloodshot feature starring Vin Diesel.
About Valiant Entertainment
Valiant Entertainment, a subsidiary of DMG Entertainment, founded by Dan Mintz, is a leading character-based entertainment company that owns and controls the third most extensive library of superheroes behind Marvel and DC. With more than 80 million issues sold and a library of over 2,000 characters, including X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Harbinger, Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, and many more, Valiant is one of the most successful publishers in the history of the comic book medium. For more information, visit Valiant on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and ValiantEntertainment.com. For Valiant merchandise and more, visit ValiantStore.com.