Do you love the Valiant Universe and have a passion for promoting comics? Valiant Entertainment is currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator. In this full-time position, you will assist on all marketing campaigns for Valiant with a focus on press releases, press collaborations, website maintenance, social media, newsletters, and other initiatives that promote Valiant.
This job is remote but you must live within the United States. Having the ability to commute to New York or Los Angeles is preferred but not mandatory.
Daily work includes…
• Support the Marketing & Publicity Manager in the creation, coordination, and execution of all marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Manage and update the Marketing calendar.
• Organize, pitch, coordinate, and help execute press collaborations including review PDFs, previews, interviews, and more.
• Manage Valiant social media and online marketing campaigns.
• Manage and update the Valiant website.
• Assist with Valiant’s presence at virtual events and (eventually) live events.
• Participate in ongoing conversations about the state of the Valiant Universe.
The ideal candidate has…
• A sincere passion for the Valiant Universe and knowledge of its characters and history.
• An authentic love and understanding of the comic book industry and creators.
• Prior experience managing social media accounts.
• Prior experience writing about comics and/or promoting comics.
• History collaborating and/or professionally interacting with talent.
• An understanding they will be representing the company at events and on social media.
• Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, MS Office Software, and Adobe Suite Software is preferred but not mandatory. You must be able to learn this software.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• A desire to give honest feedback on all of Valiant’s operations and the handling of its comics.
Want to apply? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator” and include your resume and a cover letter elaborating on your passion for Valiant and relevant experience. Thank you!
Valiant Entertainment offers for-credit internships in conjunction with school programs. Applicants are considered on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Internship applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited institution and able to receive academic credit for the internship. A letter from a student’s advisor or academic program/department to that effect will suffice. All interns must also be able to work out of Valiant’s offices in New York City.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. International students who are interested in interning with us will need to coordinate with a J-1 Visa sponsoring program to obtain permission to work in the United States.
To be considered for the internship, please submit the following to email@example.com:
• Information from sponsoring academic program describing the program requirements
• Current resume
• A cover letter indicating when you are seeking to intern as well as what department you are interested in e.g. editorial, marketing, sales, digital media, licensing, production and design, etc.